In this month’s blog post we find out more about Alex Morgan, one of the managing directors of Abbey Communication.
What are Alex’s main areas of expertise?
With 20 years’ HR, training and coaching expertise, Alex runs powerful and effective leadership and team development programmes with both global and UK based clients. These programmes make significant improvements in team communication create effective international leaders and managers. Alex coaches and develops her team of world-class trainers and coaches to help international managers perform at their best. Previously Alex was Head of Personnel/HR for a large direct marketing company, and led Leadership Development at a large health service organisation.
What industry specific qualifications does Alex have?
Alex has a Masters in Intercultural Communication, and is currently completing a Doctorate in the use of English in global teams. Alex is also a full member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development. As a THT Licensee, Alex helps international clients successfully reconcile international leadership dilemmas with the THT’s Intercultural Awareness Profile, Dilemma Reconciliation Process and Intercultural Competence Profile. In addition, Alex is an accredited Action Learning Facilitator, qualified at Levels A and B in psychometric testing, and is an NLP Master Practitioner.
What projects has Alex been working on recently?
- Leadership development and Intercultural team development with a global aerospace manufacturer in Thailand
- Co-delivering Intercultural train the trainer with Fons Trompenaars of Trompenaars Hampden-Turner Consulting, a world-renown intercultural consultancy.
- International Communication training with international data science organisation in UK
- International Communication training with various corporations
- International Communication coaching with a number of senior global leaders
- Doctoral research in the use of English as a Lingua Franca with Indian outsourced teams
- Leadership Development for NHS related organisations
Who can benefit from Alex’s skills and expertise:
- International teams (and team members) who need to reach optimum performance quickly.
- Executives who are about to start, or have just started an international job and need to be “on-boarded” smoothly and as quickly as possible.
- International leaders looking for advice on how to improve information flows and communication in their teams.