One of my favourite business activities is attending a seminar or conference, where not only do I learn something new, but I also network with like-minded professionals and make excellent business contacts. Over the years I have also found networking to be the most effective way of gaining new business, and meeting new strategic business partners and suppliers. Nothing beats that face-to-face contact where you can have a really interesting discussion, share expertise and pick up really useful information.
One of the excellent spin-off benefits of taking one of our English immersion courses is networking with new international colleagues. We’ve seen our course participants making new international friends and colleagues who have introduced them to new job opportunities, new suppliers and new clients. We take great pleasure in providing the atmosphere and environment where these interesting interactions can take place.
Recently we’ve had a number of happy coincidences with our course bookings, where people from different countries but coincidentally of the same profession have booked to attend their immersion courses during the same week. These course participants then have enjoyed engaging and informative discussions with their professional colleagues from different companies and different countries.
When watching this happen again recently, we had a light-bulb moment! Why don’t we design English courses specifically for professional groups so you can be guaranteed to enjoy your English course alongside other people from the same profession, and benefit from the networking opportunity as well as learn English that is specific to your field? So we have just launched two courses for 2018, English for Finance and English for Human Resources for B1 level and above.
English for Finance
9th-13th July 2018 & 24th-28th September 2018
The course will include:
- Developing the language of meetings and discussions, expressing opinions, making suggestions and using persuasion. Practising the language in role-plays.
- Detailed analysis of company accounts and consideration of case studies. Comparing and contrasting different company results.
- Presenting financial information in a clear and structured way. Dealing with questions.
- Developing vocabulary associated with financial trends and improving understanding of the language of international finance.
- Writing emails and financial reports.
- English for describing the operation of stock markets and currency markets.
- English for describing finance of foreign trade.
English for Human Resources
10th-14th September 2018
The course will help you:
- Develop the language of meetings and discussions, express opinions, make suggestions and be persuasive. Practise the language for HR in relevant role-plays.
- Design and deliver impactful presentations and deal with question and answer sessions with confidence.
- Develop vocabulary associated with Resource & Talent Planning, Learning & Development, Performance & Reward, Employee Engagement, Organisational Change, HR Service Delivery and Networking.
- Develop the language for coaching and performance conversations.
- Develop the language for HR related negotiations. Write persuasive and informative emails and write impactful corporate communications.
- Get prepared for HR and employment trends and new ways of working.
If you’d like further information about these courses, please click here
If you like this idea and would like an English course for your profession, please let us know and we’ll see if we can help!
Contact Alex if you have any questions at email@example.com